Cool Gear is looking for a Production Designer. This candidate will be working on packaging and POP/POS Materials. The ideal candidate is captivated with packaging design and is very organized. Candidates should be self-starters with a demonstrated passion for great design. The Cool Gear team is comprised of individuals who thrive on finding solutions to problems, possess the desire to dive in and learn in a fast-paced environment, and like working in a collaborative setting.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely within Creative team to design, develop and produce packaging concepts that are both innovative & brand guided.
- Develop physical package prototypes.
- Concept, design and manage the production of printed materials for the brand and licensors.
- Bring a high level of creativity, attention to detail and efficiency while working under tight deadlines and on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Generate and deliver branded ideas of customer needs and current trends.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
- BFA degree in Graphic Design or equivalent experience in Graphic Design
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with Adobe CS–InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat.
- Working knowledge with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of print production, packaging materials and processes.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating packaging and/or print work.
- An amazing eye for the smallest of details
- Strong organizational skills and ability to plan and prioritize.
- Maintains meticulous attention to detail, completing multiple and/or repetitive tasks.
- Demonstrates a serious commitment to accuracy and quality while meeting goals and deadlines, in an intense and extremely fast-paced work environment
- Ability to meet aggressive deadlines, consistently delivering exemplary work while juggling multiple priorities and calmly working through continuous distractions.
- Exceptional work ethic. Uses time productively, maximizes efficiency, and meets challenging work goals. Works well in a team environment and demonstrates a strong desire to work towards the big picture. Ability to anticipate potential hazards and work towards a creative and viable solution. Is willing to commit to extended work hours in order to meet deadlines (when necessary)
- Can take on responsibilities, and manage priorities with minimal guidance or supervision
- Excellent problem-solving skills with displayed determination and a positive can-do attitude.
- Must be detail oriented, dependable, and able to work well under pressure
- Strong print production background
- Understanding of printing process, and file prep to coincide with such process
- Image clipping and color correction