Job Summary Statement:
The Senior Director Product Development Management, Hydration will report to the SVP Cool Gear and will be an active member of the Cool Gear leadership team. This individual will be responsible for providing leadership and management for our product portfolio and product development organization which includes: New Product Development, Industrial Design, Graphic Design, Packaging and Prototype Studio. It is critical this individual have deep experience and knowledge in industrial design specific to plastics and CAD development and good understanding of Tooling products.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive the creation and implementation of the Product Development Strategy from inception to commercialization
- Implementation of product development process and procedures
- Establish KPI’s for monitoring workflow, ensuring timely execution
- Oversee product management including market and customer research for product requirements
- Establish product attributes to meet desired function and performance levels
- Work closely with Industrial and Graphic Designers providing guidance on project briefs and bring speed to market
- Strategic planning and customer/product segmentation to include marketing and competitive analysis, customer segment selection and penetration plan related product positioning.
- Instrumental in Brand Development and ability to build out a supporting marketing plan
- Support evolution of packaging focusing on driving innovation in materials and overall execution
- Work with SVP CG and VP Sales to identify and develop strategic alliances and close/grow major customer accounts
- Oversee product marketing including product launch management, sales training, presentations, sales communication materials and tools, competitive analysis and general sales support.
- Develop/perform category and perform competitive analysis with Product Management to optimize the business performance and growth potential for all product categories.
- Analyze business trends – evaluate, categorize, and prioritize current internal and external product, competitive, retail and social-economic opportunities to develop project and program criteria and rankings. Determine and evaluate consumer need gaps relative to the new potential business areas. Conduct consumer/trade research as necessary. Understand competitor’s assortments and capabilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications:
- Education: BS/BA in Engineering, marketing or business administration.
- Experience: Ten (10) years of brand/product management/Product development and marketing management experience, preferably in hydration or related industry experience
- Experience: A minimum of design experience with some experience in CAD (Solid Works)
- Experience travelling to China and working with China factories/Engineers to execute and commercialize product
- Ability to plan and manage at both strategic and operational levels
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a results-driven, cross functional team-oriented environment.
- Strong strategic planning and analysis skills in sales, marketing, and business (competitive) strategy.
- Extremely effective public speaking skills and presence both verbally and electronically.
- Capacity to assume more significant executive responsibilities over time.
- Computer Skills: Mac/PC literate—MS Office (i.e. Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Adobe Suite.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience in plastics product manufacturing and mold design, development and engineering.
- Must be extremely resourceful.
- Must demonstrate equal ability to give or take instructions from ground up experience/ability.
- Effective team player.
- Must be extremely adaptive to changing requirements.
- Flexible, comfortable with change.
- Must have a player/coach mentality willing to personally execute on a tactical level daily.
- Self-directed and energetic.
- Growth potential to more senior roles.
- Product Development
- Product Management
- Product Engineering
- Logical, pragmatic and quick thinking.
- Intense work ethic.
- Problem solving.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Good judgment.
- Planning and organization skills.
- Good interpersonal, written communication and problem-solving skills.
- Professional demeanor and presence: excellent company representative.
- Potential to more senior roles.