Job Summary Statement:
Responsible for building Cool Gear International, LLC's sales revenue by meeting and exceeding established sales quotas and increasing Cool Gear International brand awareness within a defined sales territory, account base, and/or Trade Channel focus.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Present sales programs and presentations to both existing and prospective accounts.
- Travel extensively throughout assigned territory to attend industry Trade/Sales Shows and corporate events. Travel related to this position is approximately 50%.
- Demonstrate solid product knowledge (form/function/features/feeling/filling (materials) Cool Gear hydration products, as well as maintain a working knowledge of competitive product features, benefits and retail pricing.
- Actively pursue growth opportunities and new accounts through expansion into new trade channels, lead identification, product presentation, follow-up and reporting.
- Be skilled in representing the industry category dynamics across all facets of the hydration business – include channel, item, not/cold, insulated and non, as well as the promotional versus everyday business trends.
- Prepare and submit required sales reports, administrative reports and forecasts to Supervisor on a timely basis.
- Manage sales expenses to plan. Maintain complete and up-to-date records of all expenses and submit expense reports in a timely manner.
- Communicate competitive changes in the marketplace (products/programs) to superiors in a useful and timely manner.
- Work to resolve disputes and solve problems with assigned accounts in an effort to facilitate positive customer relationships.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field.
- Experience: Five (5) years of relevant sales work experience. Retail consumer packaged goods background (General Merchandise) and seasonal product sales experience essential.
- English language skills: Able to read, write, speak and comprehend English.
- Math skills: Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Physical demands: Able to travel approximately 50% of the time.
- Documented negotiation skills and experience via continuing education or seminar participation.
- Proficient MS Office Suite skills including excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills.
Experience with a background in retail packaged goods and seasonal product sales. Knowledge of Cool Gear product lines a plus.
- Ability to analyze and interpret common specifications and technical data.
- Ability to learn product lines quickly and respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers.
- Ability to draft sales presentations/proposals that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to quickly assess and interpret retail items and activities –instinctive sales sense a must.
- Ability to effectively present information to management, sales agencies and customers.
- High energy and self-motivated
- Follow-up and attention to detail are critical.
- Maintain a “can do” attitude, along with the ability to react to change in an expedient and positive manner.