Job Summary Statement:
The Business Development Associate position is key to bridging the gap between product development and sales for the Latin American market. The role is responsible for developing and maximizing sales within existing accounts and creating new opportunities with new customers. Must have strong project management skills, communication skills and pay attention to detail and be a fluent Spanish language speaker.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and present sales programs to both existing and prospective accounts.
- Ability to work with Product Management team to strategize and build programs to present to customers
- Travel extensively throughout assigned territory to attend industry Trade/Sales Shows and corporate events. Travel related to this position is approximately 30% to 50%.
- Demonstrate solid product knowledge (form/function/features/feeling/filling (materials) Cool Gear hydration products, as well as maintain a working knowledge of competitive product features, benefits and retail pricing.
- Actively pursue growth opportunities and new accounts through expansion into new trade channels, lead identification, product presentation, follow-up and reporting.
- Be skilled in representing the industry category dynamics across all facets of the hydration business – include channel, item, hot/cold, insulated and non, as well as the promotional versus everyday business trends.
- Prepare and submit required sales reports, administrative reports and forecasts to Supervisor on a timely basis.
- Manage sales expenses to plan. Maintain complete and up-to-date records of all expenses and submit expense reports in a timely manner.
- Communicate competitive changes in the marketplace (products/programs) to superiors in a useful and timely manner.
- Work to resolve disputes and solve problems with assigned accounts to facilitate positive customer relationships.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field.
- Fluent in both English and Spanish (Portuguese is a bonus) required.
- Experience: Three (3) years of relevant sales or business development work experience. Retail consumer packaged goods background (General Merchandise) and seasonal product sales experience essential.
- English language skills: Able to read, write, speak and comprehend English.
- Math skills: Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Physical demands: Able to travel approximately 50% of the time.
- Documented negotiation skills and experience via continuing education or seminar participation.
- Proficient MS Office Suite skills including excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- International travel required
Experience with a background in retail packaged goods and seasonal product sales. Knowledge of Cool Gear product lines a plus.
- Ability to analyze and interpret common specifications and technical data.
- Ability to learn product lines quickly and respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers.
- Ability to draft sales presentations/proposals that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to quickly assess and interpret retail items and activities –instinctive sales sense a must.
- Ability to effectively present information to management, sales agencies and customers.
- High energy and self- motivated
- Follow-up and attention to detail are critical.
- Maintain a “can do” attitude, along with the ability to react to change in an expedient and positive manner.