Job Summary Statement:
The Vice President Product Development and Marketing- Hydration will report to the SVP Cool Gear and will be an active member of the Cool Gear leadership team. This individual will be responsible for providing the strategic creation and execution of the product development pipeline. Will be the key driver of innovation and building strategies and products that align to the overall channel and customer segmentation strategy. The Vice President Product Development and Marketing has ownership of the Project Teams which includes Project Managers, Product Designers, Graphic Designers and Marketing team. It is critical this individual have deep experience in design and ideation and full understanding of Product Life Cycle Management and can establish KPI’s to ensure seamless execution. Cool Gear moves fast which makes for an exciting environment. The successful candidate can multi-task managing multiple seasonality, SKU’s and can have the foresight and vision for the future. Strong leadership skills and proven ability to manage, coach, motivate, and develop team members with multiple skill levels a must.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive the creation and implementation of the Product Development Strategy from inception to commercialization, establishing a 3-year product roadmap
- Ensure products are designed with “intent” with customer and consumer in mind specifically focused on “Mass”
- Must have experience presenting products to key retailers and build reporte and level of credibility
- Look for continual process improvement to drive efficiency and effectiveness
- Utilize right level of market/consumer research and comp shops to identify gaps and opportunities
- Achieve product revenue goals by working with closely with Sales
- Train, develop and mentor Product Development/Marketing Team and Proto-type Studio
- Establish KPI’s for monitoring workflow, ensuring timely execution
- Establish product attributes to meet desired function and performance levels
- Work closely with Industrial and Graphic Designers providing guidance on project briefs and bring speed to market
- Strategic planning and customer/product segmentation to include marketing and competitive analysis, customer segment selection and penetration plan related product positioning.
- Instrumental in Brand Development and ability to build out a supporting marketing plan
- Support evolution of packaging focusing on driving innovation in materials and overall execution
- Work with SVP CG and VP Sales to identify and develop strategic alliances and close/grow major customer accounts
- Oversee product marketing including product launch management, sales training, presentations, sales communication materials and tools, competitive analysis and general sales support.
- Develop/perform category and perform competitive analysis with Product Management to optimize the business performance and growth potential for all product categories.
- Analyze business trends – evaluate, categorize, and prioritize current internal and external product, competitive, retail and social-economic opportunities to develop project and program criteria and rankings. Determine and evaluate consumer need gaps relative to the new potential business areas. Conduct consumer/trade research as necessary. Understand competitor’s assortments and capabilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications:
- Education: BS/BA in Engineering, marketing or business administration.
- Experience: Ten (15) years of CPG Product Development experience, preferably in hydration or related industry experience
- Experience: A minimum of design experience with some experience in CAD (Solid Works)
- Experience travelling to China and working with China factories/Engineers to execute and commercialize product
- Ability to plan and manage at both strategic and operational levels.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a results-driven, cross functional team-oriented environment.
- Strong strategic planning and analysis skills in sales, marketing, and business (competitive) strategy.
- Extremely effective public speaking skills and presence both verbally and electronically.
- Capacity to assume more significant executive responsibilities over time.
- Computer Skills: Mac/PC literate—MS Office (i.e. Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Adobe Suite.
- Experience in plastics product manufacturing and mold design, development and engineering.
- Must be extremely resourceful.
- Must demonstrate equal ability to give or take instructions from ground up experience/ability.
- Effective team player.
- Must be extremely adaptive to changing requirements.
- Flexible, comfortable with change.
- Must have a player/coach mentality willing to personally execute on a tactical level daily.
- Self-directed and energetic.
- Product Development
- Project Team
- Prototype Studio
- Logical, pragmatic and quick thinking.
- Intense work ethic.
- Problem solving.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Good judgment.
- Planning and organization skills.
- Good interpersonal, written communication and problem-solving skills.
- Professional demeanor and presence: excellent company representative.