Job Summary Statement:
This position will verify and keep records on incoming shipments; use a forklift to move shipments from the shipping and receiving platform to storage or work areas.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Train and provide direction to warehouse associates.
- May prepare work schedules for receiving clerks.
- Support Distribution Center management in reaching productivity goals by tracking daily production.
- Reinforces safety procedures, guidelines, and main duties to receiving clerks at the start of shift.
- Complete accident reports.
- Use forklift to move material from receiving dock to the raw material warehouse and put into location.
- Process receipts of purchase orders into Oracle.
- Receive raw materials and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) items in the warehouse.
- Receive and distribute Fed-Ex and UPS packages to the tool crib and the corporate office area as needed.
- Conduct cycle counts as needed on inventory items such as POP labels and other raw material.
- Assist delivery drivers to ensure prompt and accurate unloading of their shipments.
- Audit and file receiving documents.
- Responsible for the inventory accuracy of raw materials and ensuring that material is transferred to the floor and recorded in the computer system.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications:
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalency.
- Experience: Minimum of three (3) year working in warehouse receiving.
- English language skills: Able to read, write, speak and comprehend English.
- Math skills: Able to add, subtract, divide & multiply.
- Physical Demands: Able to lift a minimum of 40 lbs. at least 50 times a day during an 8-hr. shift.
- Work environment: Hot & Humid in summer months; cold during winter months.
- Basic computer skills and the ability to learn data entry.
- Minimum of 6 months of experience on the sit down and electric stand up forklift.
- Able to work flexible hours plus weekends.
- Experience using Microsoft Word & Excel
- Bilingual: Spanish
- Familiar with Industrial Products
Corporate-wide Operating Conduct Expectations:
Corporate-wide Conformance Expectations:
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and departments