Job Summary Statement:
Responsible for quoting functions for all Cool Gear Brand and hydration products. Responsible for working with sales to generate accurate, competitive price quotes and strengthen overall product margins based on company and customer requirements. Partner with sales and supply chain to drive productivity and efficiency by providing analysis and reporting which helps to identify and track strategic opportunities for savings and trends which require attention/action. Responsible for contacting factories to obtain cost information and negotiating for the right deal.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prioritize all Quote requests, maintain QR log and track all quoting activity.
- Timely preparation of responses to Price Quotation request from sales managers.
- Ensure all cost is captured based on customer Quotation request (Allowances, Plate Fees, Heat Transfer fees, Display Cost, MOQ’s, Color Changes, Enhancements, Labeling, testing and etc.)
- Work with graphics/packaging department to obtain cost on custom packaging and displays.
- Work with QC to get accurate testing cost based on Customers Testing requirements.
- Work closely with Cost Analysts to obtain product specs/BOMs for newly developed items being quoted.
- Ensure accurate product quotes are processed and communicate pricing to Sales, Operations, and Account Processors within the organization.
- Perform margin and pricing analysis to support business initiatives.
- Work closely with Cost Analysts to assist with updating price lists.
- Validate sales quotations for accuracy and profitability.
- Ensure proper authorization from management of approved margins.
- Identify opportunities to optimize sales and profitability through pricing strategies.
- Work closely with suppliers and proactively negotiate on the product and package cost on the daily bases.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or work experience equivalent in Accounting, Finance, or Business
- English language skills: Able to read, write, speak and comprehend English.
- Math skills: Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide. Requires accuracy and precision.
- Physical Demands: General Office environment 100%.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Strong attention to detail and proficient in analytics.
- Expert Excel user; Proficient with Microsoft Office Products.
- Have a good cost negotiation skill
- Experience: Three years in accounting, business or financial analysis and at least one-year experience in manufacturing / distribution environment with quoting and/or pricing responsibilities
- Have experience in working with overseas suppliers.
- Experience with Oracle or equivalent Tier 1 system in a manufacturing /distribution environment
- Accurate and timely financial variance analytic capability.
- Trouble-shooting and root cause analysis.
- Sense of urgency and team focus.
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to support a team of people.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while setting priorities.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to create to identify key drivers and metrics.
- Excellent speaking, analysis skills, and hands-on demonstration.
- Proficient in understanding and analyzing manufacturing / distribution costs
Cool Gear’s Code of Coolness:
We treat the business as if it were our own. We do more with less and take an entrepreneurial approach to the business.
We Act with a Sense of Urgency
We are results driven and approach the business fast. We have a high sense of urgency to meet the needs of our consumers and customers.
We Win as a Team
Each of us is an expert in our role and we work together to meet our goals. We value communication, honesty and respect and operate with a high degree of integrity. Each one of us makes a difference every day.
We Have a Positive Can-Do Attitude
We see opportunity where others see risk. We go above and beyond our role to get things done for our customers and our teammates.
We Exhibit Innovative Thinking
We are always seeking to bring innovation to the marketplace through design and function. We look for inspiration that drives both impulse and purpose.
We Have Fun
Hydration is a fun business. While we take our work seriously, we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We celebrate our successes as individuals and as a team.