Job Summary Statement:
Project Manager (PM) is responsible for assisting the Senior Project Managers in managing the product life-cycle process from design to commercialization for all items within the Cool Gear and Igloo hydration item portfolio including standard assortment, licensed items, and custom orders. PM will need to maintain a working knowledge of all existing items to help service various departments regarding any potential future modifications. PM will also assist the team with the information distribution regarding new items in conjunction with the needs of the sales, marketing, and operation teams. Experience with consumer product goods and working with product development and product management teams is a plus.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in all aspects of project management for all assigned projects.
- Help implement standard process for conception, planning, launching, and tracking projects.
- As directed verify, plan, and communicate the project scope during the project kick-off meetings.
- Maintain a resource plan, in conjunction with the process owner.
- Track project timelines with a clearly defined critical path, in conjunction with the process owners.
- Follow-up with process owners as to adherence to the timeline.
- Communicate the status of the projects vs. established timelines.
- Act as the contact between the factory and product development team for organizing information going to and from regarding development timelines, design/engineering challenges, and general status updates throughout the development process.
- Distribute and follow up on testing results for all new samples for items currently in development cycle.
- Track process flow for new item’s graphics, colors, and packaging between internal departments and the factory.
- Execute new item information documents for utilization in product ordering.
- Organize, track, and catalog new item approval process including all final sample collection for the factory and in house needs.
- Execute and track initial sales sample orders for newly developed items.
- Event Management with regards to samples, logistics.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Performance Deliverables
- Develop and keep up to date a total project list with Senior PM.
- Assist in ensuring clear and concise communication with process owners.
- Cross Functional Teamwork
- This position will need to work across various segments of the business and with all process owners in the development, implementation, and follow-up of assigned projects.
- Create, manage, and update the item information system for all new items created, as well as maintain any existing items that may need an update due to graphics, colors, or changes in functionality.
- Work with Operations and Quality departments in modifying policies regarding the development of new items, flow of information, and post approval item responsibilities regarding modification and discontinuation.
- Work with QC to ensure new items meet all specified standards during development as well as communicating information on items currently in design and working with them to find a solution for any modifications needed from arising customer issues.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field or related experience.
- 1+ year(s) experience
- English language skills: Able to read, write, speak, and comprehend English.
- Math skills: Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Computer Skills: Able to work with MS Office, project management software, databases, and spreadsheets.
Cool Gear’s Code of Coolness:
We treat the business as if it were our own. We do more with less and take an entrepreneurial approach to the business.
We Act with a Sense of Urgency
We are results driven and approach the business fast. We have a high sense of urgency to meet the needs of our consumers and customers.
We Win as a Team
Each of us is an expert in our role and we work together to meet our goals. We value communication, honesty and respect and operate with a high degree of integrity. Each one of us makes a difference every day.
We Have a Positive Can-Do Attitude
We see opportunity where others see risk. We go above and beyond our role to get things done for our customers and our teammates.
We Exhibit Innovative Thinking
We are always seeking to bring innovation to the marketplace through design and function. We look for inspiration that drives both impulse and purpose.
We Have Fun
Hydration is a fun business. While we take our work seriously, we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We celebrate our successes as individuals and as a team.