Job Summary Statement:
Cool Gear is looking for a full-time mid-level Packaging Design Engineer. This candidate will create packaging structures, in-store displays and POP/POS Materials. The ideal candidate is captivated with packaging design and is very organized. Candidates should be self-starters with a demonstrated passion for great packaging design. The Cool Gear team is comprised of individuals who thrive on finding solutions to problems, possess the desire to dive in and learn in a fast-paced environment, and like working in a collaborative setting.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely within the creative team to design, develop and produce packaging structures that are both innovative & brand guided, while considering quality, assembly and cost-effectiveness.
- Evaluate packaging materials, processes and costs with internal members.
- Create packaging specifications using CAD software and manage file storage systems to maintain version control.
- Render structural concepts in 3D.
- Develop physical package prototypes.
- Prepare technical packaging drawings and spec documentation for manufacturing.
- Work directly with suppliers to evaluate packaging designs and optimize for manufacturing.
- Concept, design and manage the production of printed materials for the brand and licensors.
- Bring a high level of creativity, attention to detail and efficiency while working under tight deadlines and on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Generate and deliver branded ideas of customer needs and current trends.
- Guide and direct some projects as needed.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Packaging Design, Engineering, Packaging Science, or Industrial Design (with emphasis on packaging development)
- Minimum 3+ years designing packaging structures.
- Minimum 3+ years using ArtiosCAD, Keyshot, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat
- Working knowledge of Solidworks 3D CAD is a big plus.
- Experience with Asana Project Planning is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience generating a structural rendering for review then turn around and make a physical mockup.
- Advanced knowledge of print production, packaging materials and processes.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating packaging and print work.
- An amazing eye for the smallest of details.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to plan and prioritize. Maintains meticulous attention to detail, completing multiple and/or repetitive tasks. Demonstrates a serious commitment to accuracy and quality while meeting goals and deadlines, in an intense fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to meet aggressive deadlines, consistently delivering exemplary work while juggling multiple priorities and calmly working through continuous distractions.
- Exceptional work ethic. Uses time productively, maximizes efficiency, and meets challenging work goals. Works well in a team environment and demonstrates a strong desire to work towards the big picture. Ability to anticipate potential hazards and work towards a creative and viable solution. Is willing to commit to extended work hours in order to meet deadlines (when necessary).
- Can take on responsibilities and manage priorities with minimal guidance or supervision.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with displayed determination and a positive can-do attitude.
- Must be detail oriented, dependable, and able to work well under pressure.
- Strong structural design background.
- Understanding of printing process, and file prep to coincide with such process.
- Image clipping and color correction.
- Photography skills a plus!
Cool Gear’s Code of Coolness:
We treat the business as if it were our own. We do more with less and take an entrepreneurial approach to the business.
We Act with a Sense of Urgency
We are results driven and approach the business fast. We have a high sense of urgency to meet the needs of our consumers and customers.
We Win as a Team
Each of us is an expert in our role and we work together to meet our goals. We value communication, honesty and respect and operate with a high degree of integrity. Each one of us makes a difference every day.
We Have a Positive Can-Do Attitude
We see opportunity where others see risk. We go above and beyond our role to get things done for our customers and our teammates.
We Exhibit Innovative Thinking
We are always seeking to bring innovation to the marketplace through design and function. We look for inspiration that drives both impulse and purpose.
We Have Fun
Hydration is a fun business. While we take our work seriously, we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We celebrate our successes as individuals and as a team.