Job Summary Statement:
Responsible for the overall creation and management of trend illustration and custom retail item styling in addition to Cool Gear standard product line.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create surface pattern illustration / Graphic Design in support of product styling.
- Participate in the ideation, planning and execution of Trend and special seasonal promotions.
- Create art spec files and rendered images to support Industrial Design and sales.
- Manage mid-tier retail accounts. Responsibilities include working closely with the operations department and sales team.
- Provide support for the creative strategy and art direction of a wide variety of graphic related materials in support of brand activities, including but not limited to Product, product catalog, custom retail programing and trade shows.
- Develop materials for sales presentations, line reviews, sales meetings, product catalogs, collateral materials, trade shows, marketing events, and a host of items to print.
- Manipulate photographs, stock photography and CAD images to support sales presentations and other related media.
- Interact with Senior Graphic Designers, Industrial Design, Product Managers, Sales Managers, Sales Representatives, on various graphic related matters.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field Or Associates Degree in Graphics or related field.
- Experience: three (3) years of related experience with Bachelor’s degree as a graphic designer in a corporate or design firm environment; or (5) years related experience with Associates degree as a graphic designer in a corporate or design firm environment.
- Must have strong awareness of current graphic design trends.
- Must have comprehensive commercial illustration skills.
- Math skills: Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Proficient in graphics software such as Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, In Design, Quark Express and Freehand.
- Ability to use a digital camera and choreograph photo shoots for product packaging, brochures or catalogs.
- Requires a comprehensive understanding of regulatory requirements for P.O.P. and packaging is also required.
- Proficient in standard business software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Skilled in freehand sketch ideas and concepts without the aid of computers and software to supplement discussions and communications.
- Skilled in understanding of printing processes such as 4-color offset lithography, silk screen, digital and large format printing, embossing/de-bossing, and similar nuances involved in color separations.
- Flexibility to travel to meet and communicate with local suppliers or accounts 5% of the time.
- Strong problem solving, project management and leadership skills.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Resourceful, Detail Oriented and Organized
- Effective team player.
- Flexible, comfortable with change.
- Self-directed and energetic.
- Growth potential to more senior roles.
- Community- Work well with others in promoting high performance work teams.
- Courage- Share ideas with others that add value and reduce waste/scrap.
- Craftsmanship- Demand quality work of self and others.
- Commitment- Work with others to accomplish the goals of the job.
- Celebration- Achieve common goals and share the successes with others.
Cool Gear’s Code of Coolness:
We treat the business as if it were our own. We do more with less and take an entrepreneurial approach to the business.
We Act with a Sense of Urgency
We are results driven and approach the business fast. We have a high sense of urgency to meet the needs of our consumers and customers.
We Win as a Team
Each of us is an expert in our role and we work together to meet our goals. We value communication, honesty and respect and operate with a high degree of integrity. Each one of us makes a difference every day.
We Have a Positive Can-Do Attitude
We see opportunity where others see risk. We go above and beyond our role to get things done for our customers and our teammates.
We Exhibit Innovative Thinking
We are always seeking to bring innovation to the marketplace through design and function. We look for inspiration that drives both impulse and purpose.
We Have Fun
Hydration is a fun business. While we take our work seriously, we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We celebrate our successes as individuals and as a team.