Job Summary Statement:
Responsible for processing import orders for retail customers and distributors. Must follow and track shipments using various methods from inception through delivery. Responsible for high profile accounts. Problem solve, define and implement processes to ensure a smooth flow of import programs.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the tracking and processing of import orders for retail customers and distributors
- Responsible for order-to-cash process flow- ensure customer terms are accurate on orders received- pass along any needed documents to accounting for LC’s and presentations for customer payments.
- New Customer Account Setup internally and externally ensuring all necessary documents are received on both sides.
- Start to finish responsibility for customer program orders ensuring all customer requirements are met. Must learn customer specific needs.
- Prepare customer setup information- item number Information, specifications, dimensions, weight, cubic meters, etc.
- Ensure customer quote is approved, matches customer order and pricing is in system
- Management of customer portals as needed for item setup
- Process customer sample orders as needed
- Sales Order input into system followed by purchase orders to factory
- Creation of detailed work specifications to be sent to the factory with production requirements including item numbers, color specifications, packaging, carton markings, testing requirements and freight forwarder information.
- Serve as a check to other Direct Import Operations associates work specification creation to the factory to help identify and prevent production errors.
- Responsible for tracking progression of orders to meet shipping deadlines which requires constant communication with the factory partners to confirm the order is on schedule and all needed information has been provided so production is accurate and on time.
- Ensure Quality Assurance is informed on all open orders so that testing guidelines are met
- Tracking of open orders to advise order status weekly confirming all orders are shpping in the correct fiscal period to meet the current budget identifying any risk to shipments moving from intended fiscal period.
- Clear and concise internal and external communciation of open account needs, requirements and status updates
- Proactive thinking to work through open issues with escalation as needed for resolution
- Provide necessary documents to receiving team after order shipment and follow up to ensure the order closes and invoices in the system correctly
- Other duties as required
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business or equivalent experience
- Experience: One (1) year of experience in sales order processing or import logistics
- Communication Skills: Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills to effectively interact with associates throughout all levels of the organization, vendors, and customers
- English language skills: Able to read, write, speak and comprehend English
- Math skills: Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide
- Computer skills: Advanced computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office software
- Work Environment: General office environment
- Experience processing orders for major retailers
- Walmart Retail Link experience
- Working knowledge of Oracle, ERP, and EDI systems
- Well organized, detail-oriented, able to multi-task and meet short deadlines
- Community- Work well with others in promoting high performance work team.
- Courage- Share ideas with others that add value and reduce waste/scrap.
- Craftsmanship- Demand quality work of self and others.
- Commitment- Work with others to accomplish the goal of the job.
- Celebration- Achieves common goals and share the successes with others.
Cool Gear’s Code of Coolness:
We treat the business as if it were our own. We do more with less and take an entrepreneurial approach to the business.
We Act with a Sense of Urgency
We are results driven and approach the business fast. We have a high sense of urgency to meet the needs of our consumers and customers.
We Win as a Team
Each of us is an expert in our role and we work together to meet our goals. We value communication, honesty and respect and operate with a high degree of integrity. Each one of us makes a difference every day.
We Have a Positive Can-Do Attitude
We see opportunity where others see risk. We go above and beyond our role to get things done for our customers and our teammates.
We Exhibit Innovative Thinking
We are always seeking to bring innovation to the marketplace through design and function. We look for inspiration that drives both impulse and purpose.
We Have Fun
Hydration is a fun business. While we take our work seriously, we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We celebrate our successes as individuals and as a team.