Job Summary Statement:
The Project Manager (PM) is responsible for assisting the Sr. Director of Product Development in implementing product objectives, strategies, and tactics to drive sales & profitability for the entire Cool Gear and Igloo hydration portfolio. The PM also manages and tracks the development process from product brief turnover to product commercialization, communicating project status and keeping projects on-track and on-time.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Determine and evaluate consumer need gaps relative to the new potential business areas.
- Conduct consumer, product, and customer research as necessary.
- Develop category and competitive matrices to optimize the business performance and growth potential of the new product lines.
- Write product briefs and communicate them to cross-functional team members
- Assist in creating 3-year NPD product roadmaps
- Assist in all aspects of project management for all assigned projects.
- Help implement standard process for conception, planning, launching, and tracking projects.
- Track project timelines with a clearly defined critical path, in conjunction with the process owners.
- Follow-up with process owners as to communicate the status of the projects vs. established timelines.
- Act as the contact between the factory and product development team for organizing information going to and from regarding development timelines, design/engineering challenges, and general status updates throughout the development process.
- Distribute and follow up on testing results for all new samples for items currently in development cycle.
- Organize, track, and catalog new item approval process including all final sample collection for the factory and in house needs.
- Execute and track initial sales sample orders for newly developed items.
- Event Management with regards to samples, logistics.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Assist in developing and communicating new product scoping & development planning with process owners.
- Develop and keep up to date a total project list with Sr. Director of Product Development
- Assist in ensuring clear and concise communication with process owners.
Cross Functional Teamwork
- This position will need to work across various segments of the business and with all process owners in the development, implementation, and follow-up of assigned projects.
- Collaborate with the packaging team to manage & drive packaging or display needs for product launches.
- Work with Operations and Quality departments in modifying policies regarding the development of new items, flow of information, and post approval item responsibilities regarding modification and discontinuation.
- Work with QC to ensure new items meet all specified standards during development as well as communicating information on items currently in design and working with them to find a solution for any modifications needed from arising customer issues.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required in Marketing, Business, Project Management, or related field.
- Experience: Three to Five (3-5) years extensive hands-on experience with proven track record as a Project Manager; Experience working with sourced vendors (e.g., Far East located suppliers); Experience working / managing in a cross-functional and team-driven environment. Experience tracking and managing projects and being accountable for on-time delivery.
- English language skills: Able to read, write, speak, and comprehend English. Strong presentation / communication skills - written and verbal.
- Physical Demands: General office environment.
- Coaching and leadership skills.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, in particular Excel & PowerPoint
- Familiarity with Basecamp and Asana project management communication & planning tools.
- Project Management process capabilities, high attention to detail and timeline accountability with a Product Management mindset/skillset.
- Strategic mindset with attention to detail.
- Flexible, comfortable with change.
- Self-directed and energetic.
- Planning & organization skills.
- Problem Solving skills.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Familiar with Consumer Products, Marketing, Sales, and Manufacturing Activities.
Cool Gear’s Code of Coolness:
We treat the business as if it were our own. We do more with less and take an entrepreneurial approach to the business.
We Act with a Sense of Urgency
We are results driven and approach the business fast. We have a high sense of urgency to meet the needs of our consumers and customers.
We Win as a Team
Each of us is an expert in our role and we work together to meet our goals. We value communication, honesty and respect and operate with a high degree of integrity. Each one of us makes a difference every day.
We Have a Positive Can-Do Attitude
We see opportunity where others see risk. We go above and beyond our role to get things done for our customers and our teammates.
We Exhibit Innovative Thinking
We are always seeking to bring innovation to the marketplace through design and function. We look for inspiration that drives both impulse and purpose.
We Have Fun
Hydration is a fun business. While we take our work seriously, we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We celebrate our successes as individuals and as a team.