Cool Gear is looking for a Production Designer. This candidate will be working on packaging and POP/POS Materials. The ideal candidate is captivated with packaging design and is very organized. Candidates should be self-starters with a demonstrated passion for great design. The Cool Gear team is comprised of individuals who thrive on finding solutions to problems, possess the desire to dive in and learn in a fast-paced environment, and like working in a collaborative setting.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely within Creative team to design, develop and produce packaging concepts that are both innovative & brand guided.
- Develop physical package prototypes.
- Concept, design and manage the production of printed materials for the brand and licensors.
- Bring a high level of creativity, attention to detail and efficiency while working under tight deadlines and on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Generate and deliver branded ideas of customer needs and current trends.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
- BFA degree in Graphic Design or equivalent experience in Graphic Design
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with Adobe CS–InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat.
- Working knowledge with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of print production, packaging materials and processes.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating packaging and/or print work.
- An amazing eye for the smallest of details
- Strong organizational skills and ability to plan and prioritize.
- Maintains meticulous attention to detail, completing multiple and/or repetitive tasks.
- Demonstrates a serious commitment to accuracy and quality while meeting goals and deadlines, in an intense and extremely fast-paced work environment
- Ability to meet aggressive deadlines, consistently delivering exemplary work while juggling multiple priorities and calmly working through continuous distractions.
- Exceptional work ethic. Uses time productively, maximizes efficiency, and meets challenging work goals. Works well in a team environment and demonstrates a strong desire to work towards the big picture. Ability to anticipate potential hazards and work towards a creative and viable solution. Is willing to commit to extended work hours in order to meet deadlines (when necessary)
- Can take on responsibilities, and manage priorities with minimal guidance or supervision
- Excellent problem-solving skills with displayed determination and a positive can-do attitude.
- Must be detail oriented, dependable, and able to work well under pressure
- Strong print production background
- Understanding of printing process, and file prep to coincide with such process
- Image clipping and color correction
Cool Gear’s Code of Coolness:
We treat the business as if it were our own. We do more with less and take an entrepreneurial approach to the business.
We Act with a Sense of Urgency
We are results driven and approach the business fast. We have a high sense of urgency to meet the needs of our consumers and customers.
We Win as a Team
Each of us is an expert in our role and we work together to meet our goals. We value communication, honesty and respect and operate with a high degree of integrity. Each one of us makes a difference every day.
We Have a Positive Can-Do Attitude
We see opportunity where others see risk. We go above and beyond our role to get things done for our customers and our teammates.
We Exhibit Innovative Thinking
We are always seeking to bring innovation to the marketplace through design and function. We look for inspiration that drives both impulse and purpose.
We Have Fun
Hydration is a fun business. While we take our work seriously, we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We celebrate our successes as individuals and as a team.